Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lodi Cycle Fest 2012 {Sports}

While working on the California State University, Sacramento student newspaper (The State Hornet) I was the Sports Editor, along with covering and shooting photographs for gymnastics, softball and volleyball.

I love sports and I went out the the 2011 Lodi Cyclefest last season and posted a little blog about it last July so I figured why not head out there again this year. The only difference was I didn't walk down to downtown Lodi with my deer chihuahua Meeko. I took photographs near the corner turns and it terrified Meeko, therefore I left him at home this time.

I got to the event at the end of the Men Cat 35+ 4/5 -- Just in time to see another crash (as I saw last year) during the second to final turn on the final lap. The leader went down alone and about four more a few bikes down, which I caught and shown in the final photo on the blog.

The first three shots in the blog are of the Handcycle Race, which had a duration of 20 minuets. These cyclist petal and steer with only there hands & arms.



Above: This was the winner of the race, who won a cash prize of  $1,222 and a bottle of wine donated by sponsor Micheal David Winery.

Below: Were two of the three women in the race who stayed within the head of the pack and raced past a few men in the final laps.



Here is one of the "crash" photos I was referring to at the beginning of the blog. You can see the leader who went down near the tree on the far right in green.


MORE TO COME: Vendor events; Meetings; WPPI; Children; High School Senior Ambassador Program

If you would like to book KarynLynne Photography for your event or session please contact at karyngilbert@yahoo.com


Also you can check out the fairly new site at www.karynlynnephotography.com

No comments: